After a year of service, can a warehouse fire you for bad production?

UPDATED: Aug 13, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 13, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

After a year of service, can a warehouse fire you for bad production?

My husband was a line leader for 6 months at a production facility in Ardmore, OK. He never recived a warning or a write up for his production. More time than not he had the best numbers in the warehouse. He just came back from vacation and was fired before he was at work for 5 minutes. They told him it was for “poor production”. Can they do this?

Asked on August 13, 2012 under Employment Labor Law, Oklahoma


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Unfortunately yes, they can do this. Unless your husband had an employment contract, he was  an employee at will. An employee at will may be fired at any time, for any reason, without warning or notice. The employer does not even need to share the actual reason--for example, it could be for a personal conflict (e.g. boss decided he does not like the employee) but they could call it "poor performance."

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption