Actions on not receiving payment

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Actions on not receiving payment

New Link Destination
sum up , I did work for a company in another state and had no issues, then after a job I did and finished for this company I did not receive payment. They claim they gave the money to one of my workers at the time. Which I have not received anything

Asked on November 11, 2017 under Employment Labor Law, Pennsylvania


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

You can sue them for the money: that's how you receive payment when someone owes you for work done but has not paid you. In the lawsuit, they would have to show that they gave *you* the money--not that they gave it to a coworker (unless they can show that they had written, including emailed or texted, instructions from you to give it to the coworker; if there were such instructions, they are not responsible for you not getting the money if they followed your directions). You can sue in either the country in which you did the work or in the county in which the company is located.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption