accidental violation of probation??

UPDATED: Apr 25, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

accidental violation of probation??

i violated my probation in november of 2008 when i had to leave the state because i got kicked out on the street i just recently came back to the state, and now i have a job and in starting college soon is there any way to get this violation handled without jeopardizing my job or school, preferably without jail time??

Asked on April 25, 2009 under Criminal Law, Georgia


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

Yes, but you need to hire a lawyer or consult one to discuss this with your probation officer.  I think this may be the best and most mature option for show the probation officer how responsible you can be.   Try

Btw, the fact you left the state because you got kicked out on the street is not an "accidental violation" and do not describe it as will not make you look good.  You should have contacted your probation officer to help you arrange housing. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption