A friend of mine has not been in trouble with the law for 11 years, can a person thats on parole be paroled to her house?

UPDATED: Jun 10, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 10, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

A friend of mine has not been in trouble with the law for 11 years, can a person thats on parole be paroled to her house?

Is there a statue of limitations that prohibits ex felons of co-habitating…….

Asked on June 10, 2009 under Criminal Law, California


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

If you are still on parole, ask your PO or just read the terms of your parole, typically they are very specific as to what you can and cannot do. 

But most probably, if you are on parole for a felony conviction say, for example, drug possession and the other felon in question was convicted of drug distribution there might well be a conflict (no matter how clean their record for the past 11 years).   Again, your PO will best be able to advise on the specific case.  Without more details I can't really answer more completely. 

However, I could find no specific statutory prohibition against felons co-habitating.  Since I don't specialize in criminal law you may want to place a quick call into an attorney that specializes in these type cases and get their advice.  Possibly there is a provision in the law of which I am unaware.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption