What can I do if a DUI driver hit all 3 of our cars and 2 were totaled?

UPDATED: Dec 27, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Dec 27, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can I do if a DUI driver hit all 3 of our cars and 2 were totaled?

Now the claims person is telling me this will take several months to resolved. We are completley blameless. How can this be resolved before my whole family has their lives destroyed completely.

Asked on December 27, 2013 under Accident Law, California


Eric Palmer / Palmer Law Firm

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

From the sounds of it, my guess is your garage or parking area was struck by the drunk driver.  If you are working with the other drivers insurance carrier, things should go rather quickly.  If you're working with your own insurer, you may be out your deductible for the time being, but the claims process should also go rather quickly.  Also, you may be entitled for rental cars during the claims process.  You should consult an attorney in your area to get the claims process back on track ASAP. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption