If a bridal show company did not provide everything promised in the agreement, what can I do legally to get my money back?

UPDATED: Apr 16, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 16, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If a bridal show company did not provide everything promised in the agreement, what can I do legally to get my money back?

They did not provide any vendor an online listing, a brochure with vendor info, did not advertise as promised, and did not give proper amount of time to set up. All of these were promised in the agreement. They even damages some of my prints.

Asked on April 16, 2012 under Business Law, California


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

You would bring a legal action, or sue, the company. You could sue them for breach of contract; the extent of your recovery would be the value of the promised, but not provided services, or the extent of damages (e.g. lost sales or income) which you can trace to the breach, though such must be proven to at least a reasonable degree of certainty.  You could also sue them for the damage to your prints, recovering the cost of said prints.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption