!5 year old wants to get a gob and his father wants him for his long summer visitation. What can my son do?

UPDATED: Mar 24, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

!5 year old wants to get a gob and his father wants him for his long summer visitation. What can my son do?

So does not want to go see his dad for long times since he is getting older and wanting to live his own life. We live in Iowa and the devorce decree is in Texas that says he has Vistiation for 42 days in summer which is way more than my son wants to go.

Asked on March 24, 2009 under Family Law, Iowa


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

Do you have a custody decree that you review from time to time? If so, you want to go in/your child may want to go in and have it amended based on his wishes.  Does he have the job? Already having one may help him.  You may wish to review the following:

1. http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/SOTWDocs/FA/htm/FA.9.htm#9.008

2. http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/SOTWDocs/FA/htm/FA.9.htm#9.012

3. http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/SOTWDocs/FA/htm/FA.156.htm

4. http://www.courts.state.tx.us/pubs/pubs-home.asp

Hope this provides a start for you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption