2nd time stealing

UPDATED: Oct 2, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 2, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

2nd time stealing

I was caught stealing from a store. The 1st time was 6 months ago and I completed all programs. The 2nd time happened last time. The court wants me to see or talk to someone to get help for my stealing problem but I told them that I could not stop and felt it was a sickness. I had asked for a court attorney but was told that I made too much money. My next court date is in about a month and don’t know what to do. I can’t afford an attorney because I am going through a bankruptcy and already have to pay that attorney.

Asked on August 11, 2019 under Criminal Law, Connecticut


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

In a situation such as this, you can try to see if your county or state bar association as a list of attorenys who will take cases "pro bono" or at least based on a client's income and circumstances. Additionally, legal aid may be of help. If not, see if there is a law school in your area as they typically run legal clinics that may take cases such as yours.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption