13 year old a part of joint custody wants to spend a little more time with father and little sister and little brother on his way July 31st.

UPDATED: May 27, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 27, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

13 year old a part of joint custody wants to spend a little more time with father and little sister and little brother on his way July 31st.

Even though joint, Mother fanagles things where she gets more than half the time. 13 year old really wished a 80/20 with Father knowing there will be same fnagling which would end in probable 60/40. When asking to be with Father all night Christmas eve, the Mother hangs up on 13 year old even if it means he stays home by himself just so Father and Father’s family does not see him. Like a jealousy issue, afraid he likes us more. Recently asked if he could stay a little longer, guilt trip and two hangups! Not thriving in school, Father gave into Mother, third year of summer school.

Asked on May 27, 2009 under Family Law, Missouri


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

You need to talk to a good, tough divorce lawyer in your area.  One place you can look for qualified attorneys is our website, http://attorneypages.com

These are difficult, unpleasant situations.  Unfortunately, custodial parents do sometimes fail to honor the letter and the spirit of agreed parenting agreements, and enforcing them can be hard -- but you have to try.

In most states, a family court judge will listen to a 13-year-old.  Problems in school are a warning sign that is too familiar.  I wish you the best of luck with this.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption