My daughter(an excluded driver), driving my husbands truck, had a blow out. Her BF broke his arm. They want my insurance info. What should I do?

Free Insurance Quote Comparison

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Jeffrey Johnson is a legal writer with a focus on personal injury. He has worked on personal injury and sovereign immunity litigation in addition to experience in family, estate, and criminal law. He earned a J.D. from the University of Baltimore and has worked in legal offices and non-profits in Maryland, Texas, and North Carolina. He has also earned an MFA in screenwriting from Chapman Univer...

Full Bio →

Written by

UPDATED: Dec 24, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about legal topics and insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything legal and insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by experts.

Insurance Question from Springfield, GA

Asked on 12/24/2011

My daughter(an excluded driver), driving my husbands truck, had a blow out. Her BF broke his arm. They want my insurance info. What should I do? NULL

Answer given on December 26, 2011

If an auto policy has an excluded driver, then the insurance will not respond if that driver is involved in an auto accident. Your daughter should not have been allowed to drive your husband’s vehicle, since you were aware she was excluded. She also should have known that she should not have driven the vehicle.I’m not sure who wants your insurance information, since you didn’t specify who “they” are. If it is the Dept of Motor Vehicles, you should provide them with your insurance policy. The boyfriend could have medical insurance coverage under his own auto insurance policy which will help pay for his medical bills. If he does not, and does not have medical insurance from an employer or from school, you may be held responsible for his injuries, provided that you knew your daughter took the car. If you did not, you may be able to avoid any responsibility for the accident. However, your daughter could be subject to legal penalties since she was an excluded driver, and, if you didn’t know she had the car, then she could be charged with theft.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: These answers are for general information purposes only and are provided by the person answering and AS IS. It has not necessarily been reviewed by the management staff of nor is it binding any insurance agent, broker, or other insurance professional or any attorney or insurance company. Insurance laws, regulations and practices vary from state to state and insurance policies and practices differ from company to company, by type of policy, by state and locality and by type of insurance. Tiny variations in the facts, policy language or a detail not set forth in a question often can change the outcome or a professional's conclusion. Although has confirmed that the answer(s) was/were provided for the account of an experienced insurance professional, that professional may not be licensed in the state referred to in the question, and may not be experienced or up to date in the subject area. Unlike the answers provided here, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you consult a licensed insurance professional in your area or retain a licensed attorney listed on to represent you.

Free Insurance Quote Comparison

Enter your ZIP code below to compare cheap insurance rates.

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption