The State took money from an old life insurance policy that I had forgotten about as unclaimed property. Can I get it back?

State Governments routinely take money from insurance or bank accounts after a specified time of inactivity. If you have such a policy, you can send a written request to the State Government identifying the account and request that it be returned to you. The insurance company that issued the policy should be able to provide the address of where you should send your request.

→ Read More