Legal Situation: What do you think I should do? Please help me?

Free Insurance Quote Comparison

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Jeffrey Johnson is a legal writer with a focus on personal injury. He has worked on personal injury and sovereign immunity litigation in addition to experience in family, estate, and criminal law. He earned a J.D. from the University of Baltimore and has worked in legal offices and non-profits in Maryland, Texas, and North Carolina. He has also earned an MFA in screenwriting from Chapman Univer...

Full Bio →

Written by

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about legal topics and insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything legal and insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by experts.

Insurance Question from Garden Grove, CA

Asked on 10/01/2012

Legal Situation: What do you think I should do? Please help me? I allowed someone to buy my car but let them have it before they paid in full (I am his employer). We made a contract that he would pay me in small payments (e.g 100 a month) until the total amount was paid in full. There was no interest charged. He did not follow through with the contract and I have contacted him multiple times about it; and he does not reply. Basically he has my car, and he has not paid for it. The DMV sticker for the car expires at the end of October. Some suggested that I use 'auto possession' meaning that I ask a local towing company to tow the car away from him. (Read more about it here:, I do not know if this is legal. I mean what if it has his possessions in it and he falsely claims that he some valuables in it. The car should still be mine as he has not paid in full. What do you think I should do? Please help me?!Thank you so much!

Answer given on October 02, 2012

this is not an insurance question – go to legal questions.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: These answers are for general information purposes only and are provided by the person answering and AS IS. It has not necessarily been reviewed by the management staff of nor is it binding any insurance agent, broker, or other insurance professional or any attorney or insurance company. Insurance laws, regulations and practices vary from state to state and insurance policies and practices differ from company to company, by type of policy, by state and locality and by type of insurance. Tiny variations in the facts, policy language or a detail not set forth in a question often can change the outcome or a professional's conclusion. Although has confirmed that the answer(s) was/were provided for the account of an experienced insurance professional, that professional may not be licensed in the state referred to in the question, and may not be experienced or up to date in the subject area. Unlike the answers provided here, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you consult a licensed insurance professional in your area or retain a licensed attorney listed on to represent you.

Free Insurance Quote Comparison

Enter your ZIP code below to compare cheap insurance rates.

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption