I Have Done My Homework And Know What To Buy And From Whom To Buy It. However, I Suffered From Sticker Shock When I Investigated The Price. What Should I Do?
Free Insurance Quote Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Jul 16, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.
We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about legal topics and insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything legal and insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by experts.
As happens with any major purchase, it is sometimes necessary to compromise on the options. Look for potential savings by reconsidering the following choices:
1. Can you choose a less expensive nursing facility, or pay more of the cost out of pocket?
2. Is it possible to have reduced benefits for home care, even with a comprehensive policy?
3. A qualified plan may be less expensive since the triggers are more restrictive.
4. The benefit period can be reduced from lifetime to five years maximum.
5. Inflation protection can be reduced by choosing 5% simple rather that compounded.
6. Finally, it may not be possible to choose the 10-pay option, particularly in a state that requires non-forfeiture benefits when the 10-pay plan is selected.