How Do I Appeal an At-Fault Accident in state Georgia?

Free Insurance Quote Comparison

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Jeffrey Johnson is a legal writer with a focus on personal injury. He has worked on personal injury and sovereign immunity litigation in addition to experience in family, estate, and criminal law. He earned a J.D. from the University of Baltimore and has worked in legal offices and non-profits in Maryland, Texas, and North Carolina. He has also earned an MFA in screenwriting from Chapman Univer...

Full Bio →

Written by

UPDATED: Nov 17, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about legal topics and insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything legal and insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by experts.

Insurance Question from Atlanta, GA

Asked on 11/17/2011

How Do I Appeal an At-Fault Accident in state Georgia? My auto insurance company came to the erroneous conclusion that I was at fault in the accident based upon misleading and inaccurate police report. How do I turnover the insurance's decision? How and where do I challenge the accuracy of the police report? How do I challenge the validity of the claim against me since my insurance already paid the other driver? Thank you.

Answer given on November 17, 2011

This can be frustrating.  Read our article How Can Accident Fault Determine Your Insurance Settlement. Alot of time, there is more than just police reports that the adjuster uses to determine fault.  They may take into consideration eye witness accounts, where the location of damage was to each car and driver/passenger accounts of the accident. But if you are sure that the police report is incorrect, call the non-emergency contact number for the police department in your area and ask how you go about notifying them of incorrect information on a police report.  Then by all means file the necessary objections.  Since the money is already paid, I am unsure if it will change the out come of your claim.  But at least the public record will be straight. Your policy states that the insurance company will settle claims to their discretion.  This might be a hard pill to swallow especially if you feel you were not at fault.  Make sure you send a copy of the updated police report to your insurance company.         

IMPORTANT NOTICE: These answers are for general information purposes only and are provided by the person answering and AS IS. It has not necessarily been reviewed by the management staff of nor is it binding any insurance agent, broker, or other insurance professional or any attorney or insurance company. Insurance laws, regulations and practices vary from state to state and insurance policies and practices differ from company to company, by type of policy, by state and locality and by type of insurance. Tiny variations in the facts, policy language or a detail not set forth in a question often can change the outcome or a professional's conclusion. Although has confirmed that the answer(s) was/were provided for the account of an experienced insurance professional, that professional may not be licensed in the state referred to in the question, and may not be experienced or up to date in the subject area. Unlike the answers provided here, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you consult a licensed insurance professional in your area or retain a licensed attorney listed on to represent you.

Free Insurance Quote Comparison

Enter your ZIP code below to compare cheap insurance rates.

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption